Heath for Health 2021
Heath For Health 2021
Sunday 23rd May should have been the date for our 8th annual Fun Run. Due to the continuing Covid-19 situation, this will be (another) virtual edition.
We would like to invite you, your families and the community to participate in a 5km walk, jog, run or cycle (EYFS-KS1: 1 mile if they’d prefer). Last year we had entries on scooters, roller skates, flying kites and fancy dress! Submit your achievements by 4th July for your reward.
We have limited edition 2021 Heath for Health medals thanks to Hamptons, The Home Experts, Blackheath.
The money raised from your donations and sponsorship will be split two ways. One half will go to The Crisis Fund which is a small local charity providing immediate financial support for families facing hardship in their lives. Mrs Parish has a close, working relationship with the charity as they have provided many John Ball families with grants during recent years. They have provided funds which have been used to help our families purchase much needed items for the home such as fridges, cookers, beds and mattresses. They have awarded almost ever application Mrs Parish has made to them, so we would like to thank them for their continued support and generosity and contribute to their fund. The second half will go to the Friends of John Ball as we continue to raise funds for John Ball outdoor learning.
How to participate:
- Participation is free but we would like to suggest a minimum £5 donation per entrant which can paid online. Please use your family name for donations so we can link to your submitted activity evidence. We welcome children to collect sponsorship online and if they wish to can set up their own fundraising link on the Virgin Money Giving page: virginmoneygiving.com/fund/H4H
- Track or Log your 5km/1mile activity. This can be done via Strava, Nike running, Garmin or any other activity tracker. If you don't have a tracker we can also accept photos and times as evidence. Please email your evidence and a list of participants. Please include your child's current John Ball Class (if applicable) and the name you made your donation with so we can link your donation to your activity and prepare your medals. Please email your evidence and details to Heathforhealth@live.com
- We may share your achievements on our social media accounts so pleased indicate in your email to us if you are NOT happy for us to do so.
We really hope that you are able to join us with our Heath for Health challenge 2021 and we look forward to receiving your activity logs and photos.
IF YOU ARE SHOWING CORONAVIRUS SYMPTOMS, OR IF YOU OR ANY OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD ARE SELF-ISOLATING, YOU SHOULD STAY AT HOME- THIS IS CRITICAL TO STAYING SAFE AND SAVING LIVES.
Please also ensure that by participating in this virtual event, you agree to the following:
• We are medically fit to take part and agree to participate at our own risk.
• I agree that the organisers will not be responsible for any injury incurred by me/us.